At Stanley Grove we serve delicious school dinners every day. Stanley Grove has been recognised as being a ‘Healthy School’ and our menus are constantly renewed and refreshed fortnightly to reflect this accreditation. We offer exciting and nutritious hot and cold food for our children to enjoy each day. Sample menus are below. Please note all food served at Stanley Grove is Halal and we are a strictly ‘Nut Free School’. School meals are priced at £2.20 per day, and are free for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children. We run on a rolling weekly menu and these can be viewed here: new menu stanley grove.
- To get as many portions of the recommended 5 a day into the school day
- To further reduce sugar in children’s choices
- Avoid as much saturated fats as possible ( homemade products )
- Keep fried foods to the recommended allowance or less
- Reduce breaded and battered food products (to one a week)
- Introduce savoury choices as a second choice rather than dessert options
- Children’s Trust Healthy Packed Lunch advice